Bridge to the Doctorate Program
Program Announcement: UCSB BD is not accepting applications at the moment, please check back in Spring 2024 for any programs updates.
The University of California Bridge to the Doctorate (BD) program at UC Santa Barbara is sponsored by the National Science Foundation Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) and is part of the CAMP program. We seek applications from talented LSAMP graduates to pursue a Ph.D. at UC Santa Barbara in Science, Engineering and Mathematics.
UC Santa Barbara offers an exceptional research environment, as evidenced both by highly ranked departments and by strong interdisciplinary graduate programs that cross traditional STEM boundaries. Our BD program will be integrated into this research community, and will offer a comprehensive suite of professional development and career preparation activities, academic support, and a mentoring network to propel BD Scholars to success in their desired careers.
- Participation in an LSAMP program
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field by start of program
- Minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA
- Admission to a UCSB STEM graduate program
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- $32,000 annual stipend plus full tuition, fees, and health insurance for first two years. Guaranteed support for years 3-5 through Graduate Student Researcher or Teaching Assistantships
- Mentoring community
- Participation in professional conferences
- Professional development and career preparation