Bridge to the Doctorate Program
The University of California is seeking applications for the Bridge to the Doctorate (BD) program at UC Santa Barbara sponsored by the National Science Foundation Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP). We seek applications from talented LSAMP graduates to pursue a Ph.D. at UC Santa Barbara in Science, Engineering and Mathematics.
UC Santa Barbara offers an exceptional research environment, as evidenced both by highly ranked departments and by strong interdisciplinary graduate programs that cross traditional STEM boundaries. Our BD program will be integrated into this research community, and will offer a comprehensive suite of professional development and career preparation activities, academic support, and a mentoring network to propel BD Scholars to success in their desired careers.
- Participation in an LSAMP program
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field by start of program
- Minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA
- Admission to a UCSB STEM graduate program
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- $32,000 annual stipend plus full tuition, fees, and health insurance for first two years. Guaranteed support for years 3-5 through Graduate Student Researcher or Teaching Assistantships
- Mentoring community
- Participation in professional conferences
- Professional development and career preparation